Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Month of Firsts

Here is Riley's first day of school... okay, it's his second, but I forgot to take a picture the FIRST day. It was very action packed that day. Anyways, he starts second grade and he loves every bit of it. (Except homework).
This really is Emily's first day of kindergarten. She was so excited to start, but a little nervous. I had to follow the bus there and help her get to her class. She's so smart and loves school already (hopefully that will last the next 12 years!)
Shelby couldn't miss out on a photo op!
Here is Shelby on her first day of Joy School! It is SO fun to do Joy School and I recommend it to anyone with 3 or 4 year olds. Shelby loves it and is learning so much. I love to do it and prepare the lessons. It is so great.

Chad is the Priest Advisor in our ward, so for an activity one night they all came over to our house and cut up a bunch of wood for us! It was great. They all loved seeing who could chop the biggest piece of wood. (Chad won of course) But it was sure helpful. Now we will be nice and warm this winter!


And here is my pretty Shelby baby. She's all dressed up and no where to go! She loves her purple jacket that Grandma and Crystal gave to her for her birthday. She also has to carry all her purses around everywhere with her goods. Gotta love her!

And below here are my peaches! My very first attempt at canning anything! It turned out so good and it was soooo easy! I wish I could can everything!

6 comments:

  1. Riley looks sharp with his hair cut! And your girls look absolutely gorgeous as they should Jess! You're one great wife and mom!

    I should ask, do you share your canned peaches? becasue someone in our house doesn't after they've been made and even hides jars around so no one else will find them!!

    We have weeds that are up to our waist in a portion of our yard. We have been debating wether or not to pull strings as well and have the YM do it. The weeds are big enough that you could have an axe contest as well! However last time we asked for help it didn't turn out too well. Just some advice...If you ever need some painting done on your house, don't ask the missionaries.

    Love ya lots!

    - The Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to give canning a whirl sometime. I can't get over how much Shelby looks like Riley. And I love love love Emily's little demure chin-down poses. Cuties all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Jess, slow down or else you're going to go into preterm labor j/k. Your peaches look great & I bet they taste better. I love you tons. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peaches turned out great! This year was my second for Peaches, pears and beets but this year was my first for peach jam and salsa. I love canning. I wish I could do it all the time. Riley looks so much like your Dad and you. I hear Joy School is a great learning place for 3 and 4 year olds. No one wanted to do it with me when I wanted to do it when Tanner was 3 so I missed out. Maybe on the next one. I'm glad you had such a good summer. I hope you have a great fall ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I thought that I had posted something, cause I have seen these and they are beautiful! Your kids love gorgeous!! I love the coat mom got Shelby...super cute! And it makes me so happy to see Em wearing my shirt I got her! Yeah :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I found this! You really are the cutest!!! I can't believe you get so much done! You have 3 1/2 kids and I have just one! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete