Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August Fun

Here is the start of our camping trip... this picture is out of order, but, oh well. We stopped on our way to Meadow Lake at Birch Creek. Riley found an ancient arrow head - (we knew what it was cuz our friend Bethany Crenshaw whom we went camping with, is like an archeologist or something). So that was pretty cool.


I thought my kids were so creative with this! On Sunday, Chad and I took and nap, so Riley and Emily "snuck" containers of water and put toys in them, then froze them. So the next morning, they got them out and watched them melt, played hockey and chipped away at the ice. They had a blast!



Back to our camping trip... it was SOOOO cold. We woke up this morning with a thick layer of frost on everything. I think it got way below freezing. It was a fun trip, although next time, I will try to find something to sleep on! We were on the hard ground, and for a pregnant woman, not so comfortable! Oh, and never fear, the bears didn't get me or the mountain didn't fall on me, so we're good! :)


We were able to have our good friends the Carrolls stay with us for a night on their way to Spokane Wa. This is Nicole and me.
Shelby took this picture of me and the kids. Not so straight, but cute enough!


Ahhh, the Spray Park in Rexburg. We just discovered this little gem of a place this month and have gone up 3 times. Its free and there are a whole bunch of fountains and slides. Riley always had a blast. Emily barely got in and never went down the slides, and Shelby... well, she didn't get in till 10 min before we left, and she was in her clothes, as you will see later on!

Me and my dry Shelby... like Mother like Daughter I guess!

And then there is Chad, my big kid. He got right in there the whole time, going down the slides and getting soaked. Riley loved that his Dad is the only Dad who is cool enough to do thoses kinds of things with him.

There is also a really big dry park. So we would go over there to "get warm". Shelby liked that much better. So they all climbed this monkey bar.

And here is Shelby who finally got in the water. Emily and her had so much fun. I wish that they would have discovered how much fun it was 2 hours earlier!!
LOVE this picture!!


We had a really go Family Home Evening this week. We wanted to teach our kids before school that it is not about what grades they get, but how their attitude and effort are what matter. So we put together an obstacle course that they could try their "hardest" at. It was fun and they loved it! Hopefully it taught the principle though.




Happy 3rd Birthday Shelby!! Here is her Dora cake...it took me 3 hours to decorate it! But I love to do it. She had so much fun as all the neighbours came over for cake! She also is very happy with her Diamond Castle movie, play shoes, makeup and toothbrushes she got for her birthday! *sigh* I can't believe she's 3!!

My model girls.

6 comments:

  1. You didn't tell me that you were going to meadow lake camping! I love that place! And birch creek is where we always camp! Silly woman you should have let me know! I would have let you borrow my air mattress to sleep on! The best part about that place is the beautiful scenery! Hiking is wonderful up there too. Keep that in mind for your next trip post-baby! Pictures are wonderful like always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was sooo awesome...where do I start. First of all, so sorry I didn't call on Shelby's Birthday, I know I am aweful. But the cake you did looks Sooooo awesome and the picture of Shelby with it, she is just soooo beautiful! Your camping pictures are fun, I am glad the bear's or mountian didn't get you! ;) Chad is the best dad to get in there with Riley, it is actually a way cute picture of Chaddy. And I absolutly LOVE those pictures of your girls....oh my goodness you need to frame one of those, they are just tooo precious and beautiful! And last but not least, you guys win the best parent award...what an amazing idea you did for FHE, and just so perfect!! I will have to do something like that when my kids go to school. Good job on being amazing parents!!! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the checklist of the FHE ideas!!! We are totally doing the frozen toy thing! That is the greatest idea ever!

    Your kids look like they are always having a great time with one another and love each other so much! I wonder where they get the sibling affection from?? **cough**Crys and Jess***cough, cough***

    Love
    -The Walkers

    PS. Dora looks cross eyed, ....cute but cross eyed. Sorry I had to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Shelby and Emily! It totally captures the sister bond. It's so great... makes me think Abby needs a sister... but maybe not. Emily can just be a really good friend! :) Next time you camp ask to borrow our sleeping bags! Looks like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love all these pictures, boy that camera takes good ones or Jess, you know how to use it better than me! Especially like the one with Chad and the kids on the monkey bars, really a good one of dad with his kids. Thanks honey, love your blog, I get me one....Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh dont they look like such angels! dont let the pictures decieve you ka ka ka ka but i miss idahooooo :( ps first time on your blog i hope your happy. :)

    ReplyDelete