Saturday, June 27, 2009

Proud To Be An American



Finally, our trip was over! The kids enjoyed icecream at the McDonalds in Jerome. When we got home, our good friends the Droegemuellers decorated our fence with America decor. I was so excited. It was a perfect ending to a great trip!



I'm grateful that my family was able to be there with me. I hope my kids will remember this day and be proud that I was able to join them as citizens of this country.









Well, I did it! I have finally, after 9 years of marriage and almost 10 years of being in this country, taken my oath and have become an American citizen! It was a long road with many forms and much money, and alot of tears and headaches! But it feels so good to have it all done. Truly I do love this country and all that it stands for.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!!!! It is great to have you a fellow citizen!! And just in time for the 4th of July! Couldn't ask for better timing! I love the pictures it looks like you all had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a sad way I`m sort of jealous. Just a little bit, but don`t tell anyone here from Canada.

    The most amazing time I ever had in the States was two years ago when we went to visit Cam and Krissie for the fourth of July. We got on the roof of their house and all the neighbors in the valley were on their`s too. The fire works paused for the singing of the national anthem and it was one loud chorus in that Idaho valley of thousands singing the anthem from the tops of their homes.

    Old Man Winter doesn`t have anything on the goosebumps I felt that night on the 4th of July!

    Love ya and miss ya!
    The Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I agree with David, I know how that feels, and I do love America, and am so happy that you went through all that and it is done. I am happy for you. Still wish you were up here though! I didn't even recognize Emily in those pictures. Crazy! Hey I know I forgot her Birthday, I am so sorry. I love her, and hope she knows that. I will have to call. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. You look great! I do notice that you're wearing Canadian colors though...lol. It's good to pay tribute to the land you were born in too. Happy 4th of July. I hope it's a great one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, again! Your blog looks just perfect and so patriotic with the song and everything. I'm so glad you're my fellow American and friend as always! We love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jess! Miss America!! You did the right thing, I'm very happy for you. You and Chad and the kids look so good...I really miss you all. I'm glad you had a great time on July 4th. What a riot getting the tent up and video etc. The kids must just love that! Love you, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete