Friday, August 5, 2011

Celebrating our Countries

My absolutely beautiful girls!!! What a blessed mother I am!

Hailey got on the table and dumped all the Parmesan cheese out. She had a great time playing in it!

So for Canada Day, we went down to Princess Island Park for the festivities. We enjoyed our time in the sun and with our cousins.. but were kinda disappointing in the lack of patriotism we felt. Oh, there were lots of flags and people out, but it just isn't the same as the USA. None the less, we are grateful to live in this free land and have all the freedoms that our America enjoys. We are truly blessed.
Hanging out with the Lee's listening to an awful performance on the stage! We just had fun laughing at her! (bad, I know!)

Because of the sorry July 1st we had, I did my best to make July 4th good. First of all, I was in tears the entire day, just thinking about being in Idaho Falls, and doing all the traditions that we did. So we tried to do them here. We put up the tent like we always do, brought out the mattresses, tv and fan. We had a Family Home Evening on America. We sang the anthem and said the Pledge of Allegiance. Then watched our movie. We attempted to sleep out there, but being in Canada is a little different than Idaho. When the sun set around 11pm, the temperature dropped, and we all froze. So we all came inside! :)

Inside our tent.. yes, I flew the flag that day too (on our porch). I also made a flag cake we had for dessert. Such a fun day!


And here is the clan. We are pretty much always together. It can be crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment