Friday, August 26, 2011

Shelby turns 5!

Shelby wanted a Diamond Castle party. So I did what I could considering this Barbie movie is over 3 years old and they don't have Diamond Castle stuff anymore! So I made this cake...

Then we decorated mirrors (that's a big part of the movie)....
Shelby had her cousins Elayna and Brianna over, as well as Emily... They made Heart necklaces...

... we also potted flowers (I don't have a picture of that). Here is my cake again. I made this way easy Marshmallow fondant, and it was SO fun to do! This is my attempt at making a Diamond Castle cake! (Thank you Caitlyn.. Shelby's friend from Idaho... who gave Shelby this cake topper as a farewell gift!) Shelby loved it, and so did I!!! I love making cakes for birthdays, and now that I found this recipe... my imagination is having a party!!


These pictures upload in a very non-order way! But we also had little sandwiches, which I used a cookie cutter to cut the bread, cheese and bologna. None of the girls ever liked bologna sandwiches before, but they all ate them up! I guess if you cut everything out in flower shapes, then they are more fun to eat! It was a fun party.

1 comment:

  1. This isn't related to the post, but that is the cutest family picture you have goin' on for your header. Love it!

    ReplyDelete