Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moving

On the actual 4th of July, there were fireworks at the ball park... Melaluca field. The Hydes of course are right across the street from the field, so we headed over there to watch them. It was also the last time to hang out with our dear friends. Fun was had by all, as usual. I was grateful that it was late at night that we had to say goodbye. I don't think the kids quite grasped the concept that we were moving to Canada in the morning. I braced myself for quite the tear fest, but luckily, they were all too tired to know. Saying goodbye was too hard. We sure love the Hydes. Here is all 9 of our children!

The Monday morning we got the biggest U-Haul we could get, all the Elders and friends from town that we could manage, and in less than an hour and a half, this baby was loaded and ready to go! Sarah D. was the organizer in the truck, and I don't think that we could have fit it all in without her packing job!

So, our rent-a-car that we were assigned was a 2011 convertible red Mustang!! It was totally not practical, but way fun! Before we left Chad took our wonderful friends the Droegemuellers for a ride! I don't know what we would have done without their help. James vacuumed my entire house and Sarah swept out my whole basement. It shaved hours off of our time. How we have missed our amazing friends!

Here I am in Great Falls, just before returning my Stang! It was way fun to drive, helped to curb the tears that flowed, no, not really. I'm pretty sure I sobbed all the way to Montana. But at least I cried in style!

Once we got to the border, we had to wait for 2 hours while they processed the paperwork. No worries, by this time we are very good at waiting! But all those months of waiting for our LMO paid off, because we had no trouble getting through! Once clear, my Mom (who came down to pick us up with Crystal) brought out the Canadian flags! Oh Canada! It was quite the trip. Very very emotional, both happy and sad. But when you are doing something that you know is right, that the Lord wants you to do, it makes it all alot easier. Now a new adventure begins!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! Riley called the boys and told them about the car and of course Jake was jealous! I will have to show him the pictures!

    ReplyDelete